What's the matter with the dog having bloody stool, loose stool and weak hind limbs?

Angelic   Post time at 08/14/24 01:58:36 PM 13:58:36 on  seek help   [Copy link] 1 78
Symptom description: It's a dog about eight months old and weighing 14 pounds. It has bloody stool, loose stool, and weak hind limbs (that is, when lying or squatting on the ground, it can't exert strength to stand up), and its mental state is not good (but it will eat if fed by hand). On the first night, it vomited bone residues. On the second morning, it vomited yellow liquid and bloody stool was found, and it refused to eat. Went to the pet hospital. The doctor didn't say what to take orally or prescribe any medicine, just said to feed some probiotics when it gets better. I want to ask, is it necessary to go to the hospital for an injection? Or what medicine can I feed at home by myself? Because it cost five or six hundred yuan in three days. Also, I'm worried that its mental state suddenly becomes very bad tonight, the hind limbs are weak, and it doesn't really want to eat voluntarily. I want to know why?  
All Reps(1) Ascending Descending
Universal Post time08/14/24 02:22:58 PM 14:22:58 Show all posts
Firstly, regarding its deteriorating condition, based on the current information, the cause cannot be fully confirmed. It might be related to a secondary infection. So it would be best to take a lateral X-ray tomorrow to check if there are still bone residues in the intestinal tract, and conduct an inflammation test to see if the inflammation has subsided. This is to prevent secondary infection caused by intestinal scratches or damages.
If there are no serious problems, it is feasible to give it some oral antibiotics at home later. But the premise is that its condition is stable. If you need, a common treatment plan can also be prescribed for you as a reference.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now
Tiktok CodeFollow my YouTubeThe scan is not accurate
Click picture to enlarge
Email me Instant chat
Post a Thread